Have you ever tried searching for a specific sex toy review online, only to find several pages of “review” sites that seemed a little sketchy? Those questionable blogs tend to share suspiciously similar types of content, with one or more of the
red flags characteristics listed below:
- Publishing glowing reviews of every single item featured on their site. Writers might be getting paid to only share positive feedback.
- Only posting stock images from sex toy retailers & manufacturers. This often indicates that they’ve never owned or tried the items being “reviewed.”
- Stealing content from legitimate sex toy bloggers, which may include reposted photos and/or written articles.
- Relying on excessive amounts of cisheteronormative language. i.e, “Best Female Vibrators for Her” or “Sex Toys to Please Your Man in Bed.”
- Using questionable SEO tactics to increase backlinks and/or website traffic.
I believe that everyone deserves to be an informed consumer, especially when it comes to buying sex toys. However, it can be hard to find accurate & honest sex toy info amidst all of the fake reviews online. To combat this issue, Miss Ruby Reviews and Obsession Rouge founded the Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers in September 2021.
Table of Contents
Who We Are
The Alliance consists of a group of bloggers dedicated to writing honest, informative and unbiased reviews of body-safe sex toys. You won’t find Alliance members calling a vibrator “whisper quiet” if it sounds like a lawn mower, or recommending unsafe sex toys to make a quick buck.
Transparency & open communication are essential parts of the Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers, and all decisions are made as a group. While none of us are perfect, being in the Alliance is a great way to build community and accountability with fellow sex bloggers.
Our Shared Code of Conduct
All members of the Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers must follow the standards below:
- All products recommended by the blog are body-safe.
- All shops recommended by the blog are safe.
- All blogs respect the diversity of gender and don’t gender sex toys as “male” or “AFAB.”
- All blogs are written by people who are passionate about the subjects they cover, not by people who are only trying to make money. Many of us make some money, but it isn’t the main reason we write.
- All of the writers in our Alliance show honesty and authenticity in their reviews.
- All of the writers of the blogs in our Alliance can demonstrate that they genuinely own ALL the products that they review and recommend.
- All writers are genuinely knowledgeable in their subjects. They don’t copy their content from elsewhere or regurgitate external content.
- No blogs in the Alliance contain discrimination, hate or material indented to shame/exclude.
- No blogs in the Alliance use questionable, unethical or uncompetitive methods to build links and advertise their website. In short, we are genuine bloggers.
- There is a preference that the blogs have been up for at least 1 year and have at least 16 reviews published.
Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers list
Blog names are sorted in alphabetical order. List updated April 2023.
- Blog Gogo Gadget
- Coffee and Kink
- Dildo or Dildon’t
- Girl on the Net
- Hey Epiphora
- Kayla Lords
- Kelvin Sparks
- Love is a Fetish
- Miss Ruby Reviews
- Molly’s Daily Kiss
- Mx.ed Reviews
- Nikki Nelson Writes
- Obsession Rouge
- On Her Back
- Princess Previews
- Queer Earthling
- Spices of Lust
- Super Smash Cache
- Tess Tesst
- Witch of the Wands
Join the Alliance
Interested in becoming a member of the Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers? Feel free to get in touch via email at sextoytesteralliance (at) gmail (dot) com for more info or to apply.
Once you’ve submitted an application, current Alliance members will look over your blog & social media before voting anonymously in a group poll. (This isn’t as scary as it sounds, I promise!) Because we value democracy, approval will only be granted if the majority vote in your favor.
If your content adheres to the Alliance standards and you’re accepted as a new member, your only requirement is to post an Alliance list like this one on your website. While the list must include dofollow links to other members’ blogs, the rest is up to you!